Monday, January 5, 2009

Karaoke Phil busts poker pro Esther Rossi, Blind Me Down Mike Behr, however, posts a better finish

The CPL's Blind Me Down Mike Behr and Karaoke Phil sat down to the $4K Guarantee HORSE Tournament this evening to slug it out with some of FullTilt's best. There were 199 entrants by the time registration closed.


Karaoke went out during RAZZ about 2hr 5 min into the tourney in 56th place outlasting FullTilt pros Diego Cordovez and Adam Schoenfeld. He also assisted in knocking out Esther Rossi (in 96th place). Here are the winning (and losing hands) that busted Rossi (it should be noted that Karaoke also took down a nice pot against her during the Stud level as well-even if it was a bit of a suck out):




As this entry went to posting, Mike "Blind Me Down" Behr had taken some damage during Stud and Stud H/L dropping from about 8K in chips to just under 5K, but pumped it back up and ended the Stud H/L round with 8K once again . He then moved up to nearly 12K during holdem. With 34 players left he stood in 11th. Look for updates in the comments section as they available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The night started for me in a $13 heads up (26 dollar token game). The very first hand I was dealt 44 and before I could even type in gl to my opponent he pushes all in. I instantly clicked time to ponder this situation and as time was running low he types in 33 in the chat box. I thought for another 4 seconds as to whether or not he was full of crap or telling me the truth and I hit call. He shows 33 and I take it down for a $26 token.

After that I talked Phil into joining me for this HORSE tournament. Things got underway nicely as we both moved up with grace. After bouncing around for a while I was holding on by my teeth an hour and a half in. New Life chimes in with some sarcastic comments and I held my ground with 512 chips until the hold em round. I picked up KK and tripled up, then A 9 for a full house and QQ shortly after that. Things were looking good and I sailed into the money round. Took a bit of a hit to my stack waiting for the bubble to burst and then with 20 left I pick up 23A in Razz. the betting got capped right away by an idiot who wouldn't stop raising with absolute crap. I picked up a 7 and felt good about A237 and pushed the rest of my chips in. Pretty much pot committed at that point anyhow. The rest of the streets I paired up and crapped out losing to an 87 low and went out in 20th pocketing $47.76 for all my hard work. I felt very good about the game and decided with the razz hand that I wasn't playing to blind myself down while in the money. I needed some chips to survive for the final table and put them in with a pretty good hand. But that's razz for you.

Congrats to Phil for taking out a pro. I think we are ready to take down those West Side players.

Anonymous said...

You don't get any better starting hands for RAZZ. But, that's RAZZ.

Anonymous said...

I watched these two play in this tournement for about an hour. It was quite interesting. I saw Phil do his part in taking down the pro, Esther Rossi. It gave him a $24 bounty which paid his entry fee. Takes a little pressure off.

Then I watched Mike go from his short stack of under 600 chips and as he stated "bleeding bad" to move back to one of the chip leaders.

You guys showed some great poker skills. I think the West Side Poker League might be in deep trouble going up against you two.

Congrats