Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blind Me Downs© thoughts on being blinded down

First off - Great job Phil! Even though you didn't make it you should
have at least proved to yourself that you can and for that very
reason it would be worth doing it again. I don't think anyone makes
it to the bubble in a game like that without having some game
themselves. Way to represent the CPL.

Now, blind me down mode was invented for moments exactly like the one
you were in. In my opinion (and I've written zero books on this that
have been on the number 1 best sellers list a total of zero weeks and
critiqued by absolutely no one important) is that you don't play any
hands unless you are almost certain you have the best of it going in.
I.E. pocket kings and pocket aces. I think even A K suited is suspect
at this point. Unless you're on the button with A K and can steal
some blinds you don't want to get called by someone with a high pair
and then just not hit your over card. In the situation when you had
pocket 10's I think its an insta-fold. At best there you are looking
at probably two to four overcards to your pair. If its 3 or 4
overcards you now have to avoid 9 to 12 cards from coming up. And in
the likely instance that someone will have an over pair you have to
worry about hitting your 2 outs to take the hand. It's a very smart
fold. The fact that you would have had quads in that situation
doesn't make it a bad lay down. I've put myself into blind me down
mode online so many times it hurts to think about it and more often
than not I have come out ahead and in some situations gone on to win
the tourny. In a tournament where 8 people are going to win and that
ninth person is going home with nothing there is no reason to take
your chances. You just sit there and wait for human nature to go into
effect, which is to say, someone else will get desperate and make a
bad move first. It was unfortunate that the three people behind you
all doubled up but the likeliness of that happening again would have
to be low. I think the odds were in your favor and it was just bad
luck, and lets face it, we have all seen are fair share of that and
it never means going against the odds is right.

On a closing note, I may have some sort of rights to the "Blind Me
Down mode" phrase. I'm going to have to look it up with the copy
rights people and check with my lawyers on this one but until further
notice it should be reserved for me. Just to avoid any legal battles.
I'm sure you understand. Thanks in advance!

-Blind Me Down ©

No comments: