Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Commentary by the Urkelnator

On Jan 15, 2008 10:14 AM, Jeffrey The Urkelnator wrote:
Hey Mike-

With your "eventualy get on the show" reference you make it sound like Mark and Phil are the Johnny Carsons and Ed McMahons of Podcastland (hay ooooo!). Rumor has it that it's not that hard to get a sound bite on the show; just try folding a few hands when you're heads up against with either one of them. Oh wait. You do that all ready (hay oooo!).

I noticed Phil made a refernce to you being "busted." So I was wondering what you were smoking when you were rambling on about "late last night around 3:00 in the morning?" To be frank with you, I found it seriously funny (that's an oxymoron). But if your going to attempt to quote Steve Martin at least get it right. I believe what Mr. Martin was trying to say on his comedy album, A Wild and Crazy Guy, was "I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . But never at dusk. Never at dusk."

I'll let you off the full-dork pedistal for now. Urkelnator votes 1/2 dork. I think you care about your peers' opinions (some of the time). If you need clairifcation of what a 1/2 dork is I think Mark can look it up one of his Dungeons and Dragons books.

Lastly, you mentioned "sitting and thinking about hands for so long" which got me pondering dreams of years gone by where Laura actually said yes to one of my wedding proposals (for those of you who did not get that, it's a refernce to the TV show Family Matters). By the way, did you know that dreaming about your hands has many meanings? To dream that your hands are injured, denotes an attack on your ego. To dream that your hands are all covered with hair like that of a beast, signifies your lack of gentleness in dealing with others. I personally think you most have been dreaming about blood on your hands right before you wrote for forgiveness after you made it sound like you and Phil were better poker players then us. Dreaming about blood on you hands signifies that you are experiencing some sort of guilt (hay ooooo).

The Urkelnator.


--
CPL Director Mark Cardenas
and
CPL Co-Director Phil Fuehrer

Find the Podcast on ITunes: CPLDirectors Podcast

4 comments:

CPL Poker League said...

If Dork is the charge for having D&D books....then guilty is the verdict. I love D&D and Phil, Jeff, and I have been playing it for many many years. I, of course, being the Dungeon Master.
Ask Phil about Elfindel...

Johnny B Goode said...

Phil- a test of your political knowledge.

Alben W Barkley sereved as Vice President under wich President? ***** ******.

He was the last Vice President born in a what? *** *****

He was the first Vice President to be called? "The V***."

He was the **th Vice President?

What is Alben's legal first and middle name ****** ****?

Complete the following Alben W Barkley quote "The best audience is intelligent, well-educated and a little *****"

Anonymous said...

Well, I won't cheat and look him up, but it also means I'm not going to do well. I can't quite place him....

Okay, I'll go with VP under: Calvin "Silent Cal" Coolidge (though a good part of me thinks he may have been FDRs VP for his first two terms).

Last VP born - in a log cabin (or a foreign country)

First to be called: "The Vote Getter"

The - 34th VP

Legal names: Albenito William

Quote: "drunk"

How'd I do?

Johnny B Goode said...

Harry S Truman

log cabin is correct (he was the not the "son of a prechaer man", but a of a poor tobacco farmer in Kentucky)

The Veep (nickname given to him by his grandson, it is even referenced in the dictionary.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
veep - –noun Informal.
a vice president.
Also called
vee·pee

very close, he was the 35th. Harry S Truman was the 34th VP.

very close and switch the order around. It was William Alben, he thought it would be difficult to succeed in politics with a nickname like Willie. So as soon as he was old enough he legally changed his name.

Drunk is correct (I knew you would get this one).