Sunday, December 14, 2008

NBC Heads Up Championship--CPL Director Makes it to Qualifying Round 2 on Full Tilt

In what originally was a freeroll that popped up as I was logging into Full Tilt....three hours later has Your CPL Director making it into the 2nd Qualifying round on Full Tilt on Dec 20th where 64 folks will qualify for the January 4th Full Tilt Heads Up Qualifier for NBC's National Heads Up Championship.  The only way to get into the 2nd round qualifier is by the 1st round Qualifier freeroll and outlasting a field of 256 in a Heads Up Shootout format.

Some great cards in timely spots certainly helped a lot....especially in the final matchup which only lasted nine hands where my full house 4's full of 3's that I got on the river bested my opponents full house of 3's full of 6's that he actually had on the turn.  Ouch. 

--
CPL Director Mark Cardenas
and
CPL Co-Director Phil Fuehrer

Find the Podcast on ITunes: CPLDirectors Podcast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, hope the streak continues for you in the next round. You'll have to keep an eye out for Gene Milne. He also made it into the next round.

Speaking of Gene, what's the status of the CPL/Westside Poker League interleague challange match? I thought that was going to happen sometime in December.

New Life

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mark - I saw yesterday (in the afternoon) that you made it. I've played 6 or 7 of those and made the third level (round of 64) once, but usually win one round and lose the next.

On a positive note - I'm in both Holiday 100K tourneys - they're on your b'day weekend so I might be late if you're going out to TI.

And, yeah - when's that's interleague challenge match?