Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Verbal Takes Down CPL Week 8!

In an up and down evening a monster hands including Quad Jacks, Mark 'Verbal' Cardenas recorded his 2nd win of this 2008 Summer Session and vaults into first place in the CPL Leaderboard!

It was another crazy night of poker....I was lucky to get a stack of chips early and was able to leverage it for most of the evening, however once it got down to 4 players it all changed.....in enters NewLife Durand....and NewLife got the best of me by not only outdrawing my pocket tens with his A-J, but outdraws my full house 10's over 5's with J's over 5's!  This crippled my stack that I had been accumulating all night.  Then the next hand I push on Karaoke Phil and lose a second straight hand (can someone say TILT!!) and the next thing I know...I'm short stacked with only a few thousand remaining and blinds at 400-800.  But luck is a funny thing and is faithful to no one.  I doubled up through Phil to get my chips back from him....and doubled up through NewLife with an all in move for 6000 with QQ to again reclaim the chip lead.  With blinds at 500-1000 the end of the night was quick in heads up play once I looked down at a pair of 3's in the big blind...Greg called and I checked.  Flop came 2-3-6.  I got Greg to commit all in by the River and my set of 3's were good enough to take down CPL Week 8.

Congrats and CPL honorable mention goes to Greg for coming back to finish in second from a short chip stack.
CPL honorable mention goes to Blind Me Down for also making a huge comeback with barely anything in chips and finishing in 3rd.

Points awarded for CPL week 8:
Mark 26.1
Greg 15.4
Mike 11.3
Phil 9.0
Vince 7.7
Shane 1.0
Wanda 1.0
Malinda 1.0
Jeff M 1.0
Bill 1.0
Scott 1.0
 
CPL Leaderboard (Adjusted Totals)
Mark 81.9
Greg 80.8
Scott 67.4
Jeff M 59.2
Phil 58.6
Mike 47.7
Wanda 39.7
Bill 25.9
Vince 25.8
Shane 15.3
Malinda 14.4

 



--
CPL Director Mark Cardenas
and
CPL Co-Director Phil Fuehrer

Find the Podcast on ITunes: CPLDirectors Podcast

No comments: