Monday, February 9, 2009

CPL Director gets much needed win on Full Tilt!!

In a match that went 4 hours 30 min...your CPL Director bested a field of 180 to take the top spot in the Full Tilt 8.00 +0.80 tourney on Sunday with a take of over $380.00! Woo Hoo!

A combination of tight aggressive play and 3 timely suck outs ( I was completely dominated and had 2, 3, and 3 outs respectively and hit) made the difference....however I must also give credit to my Full Tilt conscience (Karaoke Phil) for talking me through the down spots when I was short stacked for about 45 min....without Karaoke, I would have never made it that far!  

Thanks Phil!

--
CPL Director Mark Cardenas
and
CPL Co-Director Phil Fuehrer

Find the Podcast on ITunes: CPLDirectors Podcast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ain't It Shocking What - A Win Can Do?"

Mark's win skyrocketed his Officialpokerrankings.com ranking percentage from 26.60% to 92.44%.

I must say - Mark took a shot 4-handed after a bet and an all-in reraise with A/Q - that I was hemming and hawing on (and strongly leaning towards folding) when I told him "good luck". That was one of his suckouts (up against A/K) and greatly propelled him to victory.

It was a great match - if the wife hadn't already gone to bed, I'd have been screaming.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marks, nice win. It just goes to prove the theory that it takes at least three suck-outs to win a tournement!